SteveN Barnett (AKA BARNEY)
Director And Co-Founder of Appreciating Talent
Steve has 16 years finance and accounting recruitment experience from the UK and Australia.
Upon arriving in Sydney in 2006, he joined AccountAbility, a boutique recruitment company specializing solely in accounting support and shared service position.
Through his natural ability to develop business and provide exceptional service levels to job seekers, he quickly built a large, loyal candidate and client base.
With business leading results in ’07 and ’08 he was promoted to senior consultant and in ’10 to Principal Consultant and Contracting Team Manager.
Steve specialises in temporary and permanent placements for the following roles:
- Accounts Payable (entry level up to management)
- Accounts Receivable (entry level up to management)
- Payroll (entry level up to management)
- Graduate Accountants
- Assistant Accountants
- Newly qualified CA/CPA
Steve has also lead successful, multi-vacancy projects for shared service set-ups, company start-ups and interstate office relocations.
Examples of recent placements, volumes and achievements include:
- Shared service set-up for a large FMCG – 40 + roles
- Shared service/payroll team set-up for a large engineering firm – 20 + roles
- Exclusively recruited 50 + AP roles over a four year period for a well recognised leisure group
- Highest achieving contract/temp recruiter four years in a row
"Steve has taken the time to really understand our business and the type of candidate that we need. His focus is on ensuring the right fit, rather than just filling the role. Steve has always been proactive in sourcing candidates for all areas of the market. He is my first phone call whenever I need a role filled."
Financial controller - Creative Activation